Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Valentino Fall 2009 Couture Show

Back when Valentino meant Valentino Garavani, I could pick almost any outfit off the runway and say, "Yes, I'll wear that." Sadly, that is no longer the case with Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli at the helm. The Fall 2009 Valentino Couture show seemed to have as its theme "The Madame of an Upscale Parisian Bordello (with a marked lace fetish) Goes to a Funeral at the Moulin Rouge." The collection was so overwrought with frou-frou in black and various shades of drab that, try as I might, I could only find two outfits I'd be caught dead in:

For the rest of the funereal fashions, visit

Photos: Marcio Madeira /

1 comment:

aiya said...

Office 2010is powerful!Microsoft Office 2010is the best software in the world.Microsoft wordis so great!Office 2007makes life great!Many people likeMicrosoft Office.
Microsoft Office 2007is welcomed by the whole world. Office 2007 keyis available here.Office 2007 downloadis on sale now!
Office 2007 Professionalbring me so much convenience.Outlook 2010 make life wonderful!
Microsoft outlook is my love.Microsoft outlook 2010 is convenient!Windows 7 is convenient!