Monday, July 20, 2009

LIFE: Remembering Marilyn

LIFE Magazine is putting out a new special issue called LIFE: Remembering Marilyn, a collector's magazine (nearer to a soft-cover book, if you ask me) filled with page upon page of gorgeous photos of Marilyn Monroe, many of which are rarely printed. I've been collecting her photos since I was 11 years old and this magazine has several photos I've never seen before — and between us, that's saying something.

Norma Jean Baker, around 1933.

Norma Jeane Dougherty laughing, 1947.

Marilyn and Jane Russell between takes on
the set of "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" (1953)

The photos are accompanied by thoughtfully written biographical notes and commentary. The editors have done themselves proud: for those who love Marilyn, this magazine is as good as they come.

Glam Review: A

A curious note: Amazon still offers this as a pre-order — I bought mine off the newsstand on Sunday night. Check your local stores before Amazon.

Photos ©Time, Inc.

Other Posts of Interest:

Dolce & Gabbana F2009:
Marilyn Monroe Dresses

Marilyn Monroe Makeup

Marilyn Dresses on Show:
Travilla's "Lost Collection"


Alya said...

Thanks for the heads up! I looooove Marylin.. I think she is the most beautiful woman who ever lived. Seriously. I can't get enough of that face!

Anonymous said...

29047126483369175 I play dofus Replica Watches for one year, I Replica Rolex Watches want to get some Replica Watch kamas to buy Replica Chanel Watches item for my character. So, I search "Replica Swiss Watches" on google and found many website. As Exact Replica Graham Watch the tips from the forum, I just review the Swiss Replica Watches websites and choose some Replica Montblanc Watches quality sites to Replica Cartier Watches compare the price, and go to their Replica Breguet Watches online support to make Replica Breitling Watches the test. And Last Chaos Gold I decide to use Replica BRM Watch at the end. And Tag Heuer Replica Watch that is the Replica IWC Watch beginning..

aiya said...

Office 2010is powerful!Microsoft Office 2010is the best software in the world.Microsoft wordis so great!Office 2007makes life great!Many people likeMicrosoft Office.
Microsoft Office 2007is welcomed by the whole world. Office 2007 keyis available here.Office 2007 downloadis on sale now!
Office 2007 Professionalbring me so much convenience.Outlook 2010 make life wonderful!
Microsoft outlook is my love.Microsoft outlook 2010 is convenient!Windows 7 is convenient!

Anonymous said...

Forum marketing |
office for rent |
office in beijing |
temporary office |
beijing office rental |
beijing virtual offices |
recycle bag|
醫療 |
醫療用品 |
輪椅 |
血壓計 |
助聽器 |
Fashion POS System|
Apparel POS System|
Footwear POS System|
latest spring trend |
new sexiness |
comfortable bra |
free screensaver |
sexy screensaver |
lace bra |

sex shop fleshlight said...

Very worthwhile data, lots of thanks for this post.