Saturday, June 6, 2009

Glam Girls' Movie Night: He's Just Not That Into You

I rented "He's Just Not That Into You" the other night, having not been motivated enough to see it in the theater. Based on the book by Sex and the City writer Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo, the movie regales all the ways in which women fool themselves about the men they date/live with/marry. The movie interweaves the stories of various characters around the story of the narrator, Gigi (I know, it took me a while to be comfortable with that, tehee!), whose love life is in all kinds of shambles as she keeps searching for the one guy who actually IS into her. Long story short, the movie is a bit clunky in the beginning and never quite reaches brilliance, but it makes for a nice movie night... with other GIRLS. The male persuasion may well be quite pissed off with the movie during the first half, which may, to some, seem like a cynical, unfair portrayal of the less-fair sex. I know that I certainly wish I'd seen it with girlfriends, instead of whiny boys :P Apart from Ginnifer Goodwin's hair (was that a wig or is the poor child really so cursed?!), I ended up liking the movie quite a bit. 4 Glam Stars.

If you've seen it, what did you think?

3 comments:

vcp said...

Review for guys: "It was crap."

funnyface said...

Review from a chick: I hated it, it was painful to watch and I really don't get how you can have such a good cast and make it so terrible!

aiya said...

Office 2010is powerful!Microsoft Office 2010is the best software in the world.Microsoft wordis so great!Office 2007makes life great!Many people likeMicrosoft Office.
Microsoft Office 2007is welcomed by the whole world. Office 2007 keyis available here.Office 2007 downloadis on sale now!
Office 2007 Professionalbring me so much convenience.Outlook 2010 make life wonderful!
Microsoft outlook is my love.Microsoft outlook 2010 is convenient!Windows 7 is convenient!