Monday, February 23, 2009

Glamorate It: 2009 Oscars Red Carpet

It was a wonderful Oscar show tonight — intimate, interesting, thoughtful, entertaining. I was delighted for Kate Winslet and for Slumdog Millionaire. And how about that Hugh Jackman?! But let's face it: as much as we love the show, most of us are in it for the dresses. The Oscar gowns this year were fabulous, almost across the board. I loved every second of the red carpet. My favorite was perhaps Marisa Tomei's Versace gown, which only arrived from Italy today. What did you think?

Kate Winslet in Yves Saint Laurent

Angelina Jolie in Elie Saab

Anne Hathaway in Armani Privé

Meryl Streep in Alberta Ferretti

Melissa Leo

Amy Adams in Carolina Herrera

Penélope Cruz in vintage Balmain

Viola Davis in Reem Acra

Taraji P. Henson in Roberto Cavalli

Marisa Tomei in Versace

Marion Cotillard in
Christian Dior Haute Couture

Freida Pinto in John Galliano

Natalie Portman in Rodarte

Sarah Jessica Parker in
Christian Dior Haute Couture

Beyoncé Knowles in House of Dereon

Queen Latifah in Georges Chakra

Jennifer Aniston in Valentino

Virginia Madsen in Kevan Hall

Amanda Seyfried in Valentino

Miley Cyrus in Zuhair Murad

Vanessa Hudgens in Marchesa

Heidi Klum in RM by Roland Mouret

Photos: WireImage


shoeaddict said...

Really, Beyonce, really?? That is just not good.

G.G. said...

House of Dereon is her own label, but that design was just ghastly. The fabric choice alone! The pattern! And that looked like upholstery weight fabric, which made it so the mermaid tail bunched out and couldn't really fall down in folds. Such an unfortunate dress choice.

Alya said...

I heart Marion Cottilard. I thought she looked fabulous, like a winner herself. I also liked SJP's dress.

Kaitlin said...

I agree Marisa Tomei's may be favortite but I also love Angelina Jolie's. I cant stand Beyonce's and Miley Cyrus's. Yuck.

Cafe Fashionista said...

I loved Evan Rachel Wood's gown.

G.G. said...

CF - Yes, it was beautiful. I forgot to add it (it was almost 2 am :)

2010 Mrs Cue said...

I honestly do not know what Beyonce and Miley were thinking when they wore those hideious gowns. Its the OSCARS. I think they confused it with a costume gala..heehee

aiya said...

Office 2010is powerful!Microsoft Office 2010is the best software in the world.Microsoft wordis so great!Office 2007makes life great!Many people likeMicrosoft Office.
Microsoft Office 2007is welcomed by the whole world. Office 2007 keyis available here.Office 2007 downloadis on sale now!
Office 2007 Professionalbring me so much convenience.Outlook 2010 make life wonderful!
Microsoft outlook is my love.Microsoft outlook 2010 is convenient!Windows 7 is convenient!