Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Smooth Sailing -- With or Without a Budget

I try to escape somewhere warm in the horrible month of January. That means shopping for the beach! I'll also be sailing on my friend's boat for a few days, so you can bet I'm not traveling with just a little carry-on :D

I thought I'd post some of my favorite finds and then do an Afford-a-Glam version of the same. You know me, I'm an omnivore, so my final picks will in all likelihood include items from both lists.

First up, NAUTICAL:



$130 Melissa Odabash Jemima sun hat
$116 Trina Turk Billie Tank
$100 Milly Triangle bikini top
$105 Milly Bead embellished bikini briefs
$95 Lacoste Cabestan 2 Boat Shoes
$295 Burberry Tailored cotton shorts



Afford-a-Glam


icon


$75 Juicy Couture Ombre Ribbon Haticon
$47 Splendid Slub Shadow Stripe Tank
$24.50 Delia's String Bikini Top
$24.50 Delia's String Bikini Bottom
$53.40 Joie Analisa Short
$19.53 Sperry Top-Siders - Ladies' Bahama Boat Shoe
 








$460 Cutler & Gross Oversized circular sunglasses
$167 Rachel Pally T Back Tank
$1,845 Tod's Soft Restyled D-Bag
$1,385 Christian Louboutin Cotton Club wedges
$625 Miu Miu Sash belt skirt


Afford-a-Glam


icon


$18 Urban Outfitters Plastic Circles Sunglasses
$57 Revolver 'Beau' racerback tank
$49.95 Rosetti 'Belted Business' Tote
$43.97 Steve Madden Ludloe Espadrille
$80 Woolrich Gabardine Skirticon








$525 Vivienne Westwood Anglomania New billow top
$244 Yaya Aflalo George Linen Pant
$695 Giuseppe Zanotti Jeweled thong sandals
$1,695 Donna Karan Metallic leather hobo
$280 Bajra Silk and cashmere pashmina



Afford-a-Glam




$10 Gap Favorite striped crewneck T
$59 Ann Taylor Lindsay Linen Wide Leg Pants
$84.50 Pelle Moda Nirvana Coral Gold Wash Suede Thong Sandal
$96.25 High Fashion Metallic Handbag
$59 Waffle Weave Pashmina in Burnt Orange

 

 

6 comments:

patriciabeatriz86 said...

can i just express how much i love the mustard Rosetti tote! It looks soooo much sassier than its uber-pricey counterpart!

hats off to fabulous finds!

thanks GG!!
:)

xxhollywoodgirlxx said...

GG-
I need some major help.
Due to my schools amazingly icky rules, we girls have to wear shorts longer than 11 inches. I try bermudas, but they just don't work with me. And the thing is, we live in California and it sucks when I have to wear jeans and its 87 degrees outside...
Help!

--CaliforniaGirl
(BTW-love the nautical spread...so cute!)

lee ashley said...

Oooh, very nice work! Thank you SO much for the great ideas...the nautical flair is perfect for my not-so-inner preppie. :)

G.G. said...

Patricia - It's really cute; the only thing is that it's not leather, so it won't last long, but for a one-season purchase it's great :)

Hollywoodgirl - Ouch! Icky rule indeed! Let me see if I can find something.

Lee Ashley - The sailor theme is going to be big next summer, so with or without a boat, you can embrace your inner preppie :D

patriciabeatriz86 said...

GG,

Considering I am changing and buying purses so often, a one season bag seems to be just the ticket!

:)

G.G. said...

I hear ya! Plus, the good thing about non-leather is a) don't have to worry about rain ruining it and b) no animal had to give its life :)