Monday, January 5, 2009

"A Minute to Look Your Best"


One of the original glamour queens, Joan Crawford, once said she never leaves her house not looking like Joan Crawford. Later glam girl Grace Kelly told her daughter, Princess Caroline, who was complaining about having to get dressed up, that "you do not dress for yourself, but so that others would enjoy looking at you."

I think those are good maxims to live by — my mother always jokes that I have to put on lipstick just to take out the trash. I was delighted to find this quote by Dita Von Teese, although I do suspect it takes her more than "a minute" to become Dita...

"I know the picture the paparazzi want is me coming out of Starbucks in jeans with my hair all messy, but that's just not going to happen. I just think that when you take a minute to look your best, you get what you want. And I pretty much get what I want."


Photo: SplashNews

6 comments:

WendyB said...

This is such a coincidence! Because I too never leave the house without looking like Joan Crawford!

lee ashley said...

Well said! Thanks GG -- and happy new year!

LS said...

Your blog is so pretty- I agree with Dita, she also said it is bad manners to go out in public looking a mess, something I tell my co workers!

G.G. said...

Wendy - LMAO!

Lee Ashley - Thanks and a happy new year to you too :)

LS - Oh thanks! Dita's a smart cookie.

Anonymous said...

I know a girl in the south of Sweden who works as a diplomat, and she looks just like that... No, actually shes even more beautiful than Dita...

Kim said...

I love Dita Vonteese...