Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday 5: Makeup Mini-Reviews


$30 Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer

There is nothing, nothing, better on the market to conceal dark undereyes. I walked into a shoot looking like I hadn't slept for a week, and after the makeup artist dabbed this on, I looked like I had just had a vacation. AMAZING! I have this in two different tones so I can mix it just right depending on whether I've a bit of a tan or am winter pale. If your job is one where you may be on camera anytime, or if you've got photos coming up (weddings, holidays), I suggest you carry this in case your makeup artist doesn't have it.


$27 Dior Diorshow Iconic Mascara Noir

As you know, I'm on an eternal quest to try to find a mascara better than Dior's Diorshow. The Diorshow Blackout was a smidgen better, but nothing since has come close. Until now — the Diorshow Iconic is the bomb! I want serious (über-serious) lashes, and this delivers.


~$7 Maybelline The Colossal Volum' ExpressTM

The other week I was in the boonies, when I discovered I had forgotten my mascara. Drugstore was the only option, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. This mascara gives you really full lashes and doesn't clump, so it's a good bang for your buck. The only thing I would say is that it does not last a full day, you'll have to reapply at some point.


~$10 Revlon ColorStay® Lipcolor in Red Velvet

Naturally, I couldn't stop at a drugstore without buying a lipstick. First, the lipstick itself is Soft & Smooth, as they tout it. It goes on feeling creamy and the color does stay. Not fully, though, so you will be reapplying after drinking, etc. As to the color, it started out as a screaming 1950's pinup girl red, enough to stop traffic. Strangely enough, that is exactly what I wanted. But, I noticed that the moment the first layer of color wears off, you're left with a more bright pinkish red. Still, it's downright wicked :D


$45 Missoni Acqua EdT

I got a sample of this recently. It's similar to Davidoff Cool Water in that it is fresh and reminds you of a clean breeze off the blue ocean. Unlike the Davidoff, however, this does not wear well. After about an hour or so it starts turning and soon the after-notes are reminiscent, literally, of "toilet water". I'd say if you like a clean scent, buy Davidoff instead.
 


 

3 comments:

Tessa said...

so you're a model/actress? lol, i didn't know that!
:)
I find Diorshow's brush a little too big for me, and is hard to wield, especially around those pesky inner lashes! But I've heard great things about Iconic, maybe I'll give this one a try...
Tess

G.G. said...

The brush on the iconic is weird - it's stiff so that the bristles don't clump (and consequently neither do your lashes). The tip is perfect for the teeny inner lashes :)

Anonymous said...

good!

sexy bra |
sexy lingerie |
latest spring trend |
new sexiness |
comfortable bra |
free screensaver |
sexy screensaver |
lace bra |
open up |
sexy tvc |