Thursday, December 4, 2008

First Lady Michelle Obama's Inauguration Ball Gown Suggestions

Now that we have a glam new First Lady entering the White House, everyone is wondering what she will wear to the Inauguration Ball. Mum's the word from the Obama camp, but many designers have volunteered their vision of what they would like to see Michelle Obama wear. The sketches range from classic to flamboyant, to overly glamorous, to downright funky (love you Betsey, but no). Just a few of the suggestions are:


Monique Lhuillier


Peter Som


Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel


Reem Acra


Diane Von Furstenberg


Elie Tahari


Carolina Herrera


Christian Lacroix


Badgley Mischka



For more sketches, visit Women's Wear Daily.

8 comments:

Kacey R. said...

All of the colors would look beautiful on her. Monique Lhuillier & Peter Som are my fave but I also LOVE Diane Von Furstenburgs. Oooh she has so many choices! Red looks FAB on her though....

the Constantly Dramatic One said...

I find it more then a little bit amusing that Betsey Johnson's sketch of Michelle Obama kinda looks like Betsey Johnson herself.


Black hair, darker skin...but seriously. The hairstyle, the facial expression. Yeah.....that's Betsy.

G.G. said...

Kacey - Yes, red is a great color on her.

CD - my exact thoughts!

Earth Jeweler said...

Before I read this comment, I voted for red for Michelle, definitely. I looks so good on her. She will be a wonderful first lady.

Kaitlin said...

Monique Lhuillier was what I voted for. I just thought it was very sophisticated and would loook great on her. But I do really like the Badgley Mischka one. But that is because I want it. rofl.

Meghan said...

LOL---love Betsey :)
Always and Forever a Betsey obsessive :)

kokostiletto said...

she would look awesome in any of these :)

Anonymous said...

29047126483369175 I play dofus Replica Watches for one year, I Replica Rolex Watches want to get some Replica Watch kamas to buy Replica Chanel Watches item for my character. So, I search "Replica Swiss Watches" on google and found many website. As Exact Replica Graham Watch the tips from the forum, I just review the Swiss Replica Watches websites and choose some Replica Montblanc Watches quality sites to Replica Cartier Watches compare the price, and go to their Replica Breguet Watches online support to make Replica Breitling Watches the test. And Last Chaos Gold I decide to use Replica BRM Watch at the end. And Tag Heuer Replica Watch that is the Replica IWC Watch beginning..