Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Cate Blanchett in Alexander McQueen... Sort Of

Here's the dress on the runway:


Here on Cate Blanchett at the Benjamin Button premiere in Westwood (Los Angeles) on Monday, Dec 8:


Granted, the dress, as it was on runway, is too short for any mere mortal's thighs. I just don't like the beige slip (?) she has going there — looks like undergarments gone bad. I think that if a dress does not work for you as is, you have to be very judicious as to a) whether you should wear it at all, b) how to make it work for you, if you decide to wear it. In this case, I think she should not have worn the dress in the first place, but if she did, she would have been better off wearing a black or ivory silk shift underneath. It wouldn't have been the same dress as the one which walked down the runway, but at least it wouldn't have looked like granny's support garments forgot to be covered.



5 comments:

lee ashley said...

She ruined the silhouette with her misguided underpinnings... looks like she's wearing an ace bandage underneath...how in the heck did she sit down in that thing?

G.G. said...

LA - LOL, Ace Bandage! Yes! LMAO!

the Constantly Dramatic One said...

I love Cate, really I do. If I was a lesbian, she would be the lesbian lover of my fantasy....But this dress. Oh dear God, this dress.....

She looks like Christmas Bell to me.

Now hand me that martini G.G....

Kaitlin said...

OMG That is what I thought. The Ace Bandage thing and I sort of see the christmas bell now. rofl.
She should not have worn it. Eeek!

kokostiletto said...

i actually really like this! i like taking risks!