Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Fashion Week Watch: Marc Jacobs S/S 2009 RTW

The Marc Jacobs show was energetic and eclectic; picture a fashion whirlwind, and you've got the idea. It's My Fair Lady meets space geishas. You have to see the whole show. MJ himself described his collection as "America, womanly, Broadway, Perry Ellis, country, naïveté..." — huh?

The thing I love about Marc Jacobs is that his collections are never easy to digest, they are challenging and inspiring. Here are my top picks:

Photos and quote from Style.com


Beauty Blabber said...

Amazing work, as always, and I'm loving the hats in particular!
But I just had to post a comment...because I'm going to the Lucky Shops sale! I'm going a bit early on a business trip, and I'll be attending the VIP Shopping Party. If you do go, we should meet up for croissants & coffee :)

G.G. said...

BB darling,

I forgot all about Lucky Shops! My dad came to town today and as well schooled as he is by my mom, sister, and I, he'd probably rather stay clear of the sale and we have so little time together on this trip I couldn't possibly leave him to spend time alone. I'm sorry! Coffee and croissants would have been lovely. I can't wait to hear what steals you got :)

Valley Girl said...

I am loving those hats! FIERCE!!!

Anonymous said...

omg. marc jacobs is fabulous! The line is amazingly.. Fierce, i can see sooo many pieces that i want to wear, from hats to heels to dress to belts to EVERYTHING. Great job.