Saturday, August 2, 2008

Afford-a-Glam: First Round of Fall 2008 Coats

Glam Girl Chrissie was insistent that I shouldn't wait and should post the first round of Fall 2008 coats that are coming into stores. This Fall's coats are yummy — beautiful shapes in bright colors. What's not to love!

I'm keeping all of these picks under $200 (usually Afford-a-Glam is under $100, but with coats that would leave slim pickings indeed). Most of these come in several colors, so if you like a shape, follow the link to see the color choices.

Lighter Trench Coats:


$150 Cotton puff-sleeve trenchcoat
Also: Black, Stone
Banana Republic



$69.50 Maria Cotton Trench
Also: Red, Black, Khaki
Delia's



Until Aug 4: $58.90, then $89
Tulle Big Button Coat
Also: Fuchsia, Royal Blue, Black, Creme
Nordstrom



$198 Gold-rimmed button trenchcoat
Also: Charcoal
Banana Republic



BCX Belted Sateen Trench Coat
Also: Fuchsia
Macy's



$139 INC International Concepts
Printed Belted Trench Coat
Macy's



Wool and Wool Blend Coats:

icon

Until Aug 4: $178.90, then $268
Jessica Simpson
Apricot Wool Blend Coat

Until Aug 4: $109.90, then $168
GUESS by Marciano
Fuchsia Skirt Coaticon



$109.50 Devin Peacoat w/ Thinsulate
Also: Black, Gray, Navy, White
Delia's



Until Aug 4: $109.90, then $168
Steve Madden
Drop Waist Twill Coat
Nordstrom



Until Aug 4: $64.90, then $98
Coffee Shop
Low Belt Wool Coat
Also: Black
Nordstrom



$82.50 Nick & Mo
Mixed Tweed Coat
Buckle



$99.50 Ainsley Coat
Also: Black
Delia's



$109.50 Tristan Peacoat
Delia's


Well, that's it for this round. We'll do another post as more coats come into stores :)
 

6 comments:

Fashion Addict said...

I love coats and these are all really nice picks. The autumn/winter season is so fun for me because it deals with more clothes and layering. Great post!

BTW, would you like to do a link exchange with my blog?

Alya said...

These are great coats, stylish and elegant with great prices. I would love to own most of them, although it doesnt get really cold where I'm from, so I dont need many..

Our winters in Kuwait are mostly a case of layering..

chrissie said...

Wow, thank you so much! You're wonderful! :D

So many of these coats have interesting details. Now the decision is which one to buy!

Fel said...

Oh they all look fabulous! But the one that I love most is the BCX Belted Sateen, I can't take my eyes off of it! Great find :)

crystal said...

LOVE the yellow coat! I think I'm definitely going to have to get that one or the one over at Victoria's Secret.
Great Post! I can't wait for Round 2 (maybe it's already here?).
Here's another post with coats categorized by trend Coat Trends

Anonymous said...

29047126483369175 I play dofus Replica Watches for one year, I Replica Rolex Watches want to get some Replica Watch kamas to buy Replica Chanel Watches item for my character. So, I search "Replica Swiss Watches" on google and found many website. As Exact Replica Graham Watch the tips from the forum, I just review the Swiss Replica Watches websites and choose some Replica Montblanc Watches quality sites to Replica Cartier Watches compare the price, and go to their Replica Breguet Watches online support to make Replica Breitling Watches the test. And Last Chaos Gold I decide to use Replica BRM Watch at the end. And Tag Heuer Replica Watch that is the Replica IWC Watch beginning..