Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Dark Knight (Batman) Premiere in NYC


Christian Bale and Sibi Blazic

Christian Bale, cast members, and some TV celebrities attended the premier of Dark Knight, the latest installment of Batman movies at the Lincoln Center on Monday night. Seriously, apart from the cast not a bona fide movie star was in sight, what's with that? Fire the PR people, I say. Aaaanyway... Can someone explain what it is about CB that has my girlfriends ooh'ing and aah'ing? All the guys think he's great as Bruce Wayne, but I'm not sure if he's not just benefiting from the good writers and director Chris Nolan. I thought he was lovely as the little ensign bearer in Branagh's Henry V, but since then I can't say that he's impressed me too much. I do have to give props to his girlfriend, Sibi Blazic, for looking very glamorous.

Props also to Maggie Gyllenhaal whose gown is elegant
and perfect for a Batman black carpet:



At the risk of upsetting their fans, I simply must
pan the Hollywood younger generation:


Blake Lively

Not a great outfit at all,
esp. not for red carpet.

Lauren Conrad

Borderline vulgar.


Let's hope the movie turns out better than the black carpet.
 

13 comments:

Shoeaddict said...

As usual, I agree with you. I like Maggie's look. Did you see SherryBaby?

Elisabeth said...

Good lord; what's happened to their stylists???

Anonymous said...

bloody hell. what happened to blake lively's sense of style??? i'm sorry that outfit 1. is hideous and 2. does nothing to flatter her body.

as for lauren conrad, i always thought she need a proper hit over the head for most of her fashion choices.

The Everett's said...

btw, sibi is his wife. Of 8 years!

G.G. said...

ShoeAddict -- No, I didn't see SherryBaby. I take it I should? Was it good?

Elisabeth -- You have a point, maybe they were on vacation. I remember last year around this time we were asking the same question.

The Everett's -- Really, I didn't know that! Thanks for telling me so I don't make that mistake again :)

Redhead said...

Maggie is flawless there. I do like LC's dress though. I agree with Blake's outfit- not red carpet worthly.

Grace said...

I liked Maggie's dress, too. I just wanted to point out that Sibi is Christian Bale's wife. And this is the second in a planned trilogy, not the last installment. I don't know if Heath Ledger was supposed to be in the third movie and they need to make changes or what. But I'm pretty sure Aaron Eckhart, who plays Harvey Dent, is the main villain in the third movie.

Worthington said...

I think LC's dress is a bit too lingerie-esque. If you step back and really look at it, it looks like a corset-meets-slip dress, and that's a 90s trend. If she had done a corset with a skirt or something maybe it would've worked.

And I do love the tap pant/short jump suit trend on Miss Lively. Plus it is a navy jewel tone. BUT, that does NOT mean she should be wearing it to red carpet. I agree with you fully, GG. I wish they had done long dresses or something more elegant!

Bethany said...

I have to say that I think Blake Lively's dress is all wrong. I can't tell if it's a dress or a jumper...Lauren Conrad's dress isn't that bad, just kind of...blah.

WendyB said...

Nice look for Maggie.

Anonymous said...

I agree, LC's dress is heinous! Blake's outfit definitely isn't red carpet worthy but i was thinking if you added a nice pearl necklace the outfit would be a little more classy. Premiumpearl.com has some gorgeous necklaces, multi colored pearls as well for some great style options.

Anonymous said...

Another spam comment from PremiumPearl.com. When will these people ever learn.

By an AD, Premium Pearl. Nobody responds well to spam!

www.lerida-3d.com said...

This can't truly have success, I suppose so.