Thursday, July 31, 2008

Best Christmas Present Ever, But Buy It Now!

*Incoherent SQUEEing*



For Harry Potter fans, this will be the best Christmas, Chanukah, Divali, Kwanzaa, you-name-it pressie: J. K. Rowling's The Tales of Beedle the Bard Collector's Edition, coming out on December 4. It's coming out in a standard edition on the same date, but who cares?! The Collector's Edition replicates the feel of the original: it features a reproduction of J.K. Rowling's handwritten introduction, metalwork and clasp, replica gemstones and 10 new illustrations by J.K. Rowling, plus a velvet bag embroidered with Rowling's signature. But you have to pre-order now, because this is available exclusively through Amazon and there are limited quantities. Every cent of the proceeds after costs are covered goes to Children's High Level Group, a charity to help vulnerable children.

Rowling made 7 originals, written and illustrated by hand — one was auctioned off by Sotheby's in December 2007 and won by Amazon for £1.95 million (roughly $4 million). You can see images of the original at Amazon.

I just ordered 3 (one for me, one for my sister, and one for my BFF). Why can't it be December already!!! *SQUEE*
 

4 comments:

Lydia said...

I didn't know you were a Potter fan?! Have you seen the new trailer? OMFG!

G.G. said...

Of course I am! Yeah, I saw it, but I don't know what to make of it really. I'll be there at midnight on the night before opening though, you can bet on it :D

Fel said...

Ooh, my friend would definitely love this!! she's a big fan of potter. Thanks for the info, anyway! :)

Bethany said...

Closet obsession: Harry Potter!