Saturday, May 3, 2008

Afford-a-Glam: 1950s Rockabilly on a Budget

Glam Girl Clarissa emailed asking for help with what to wear to her friend's 1950's-themed party. Local thrift shops and eBay are of course viable options, but it's always hit and miss color and availability-wise. So here's one outfit suggestion — and I would suggest everyone get that pink cardigan for the summer, since it is ab fab and a steal price/quality-wise!

1. $39.99 Cotton-blend v-neck cardigan. Banana Republic
2. $24 Genuine rose quartz earrings. Banana Republic
3. $69 Ruby Rox Strapless Party Dress. Dillard's
4. $95 Paris Hilton pink satin Vogue pumps.
5. $9.99 Pink Heart Sunglasses. GirlProps
6. $38 BJuliet Black Satin Bow Clutch. Steve Madden



Kaye said...

the clutch is gorgeous and classy- I like!

Fabulously Broke said...

Linking this one too... oMG :)

mary said...

Too adorable, I love those sunglasses!

Elisabeth said...

I love the shoes (yum) and the prom-style dress is too sweet!

Lydia said...

While I really like the shoes - I would not buy them because they are "Paris Hilton" and I don't like her! I think the whole outfit is ADORABLE!

Shoeaddict said...

Hi! I hope you are okay. Missing you

Valley Girl said...

Great post, as always!