Thursday, February 21, 2008

Juicy Couture Knocks Off Dior

In the comments to the post on floral shoes & accessories, Glam Queen Wendy Brandes said, "That Juicy ring is a blatant and shameful knockoff of Dior!"  I don't know what rock I was living under back then, but I had not seen the ads for the Dior ring which circulated about a year ago.

Victoire de Castellane's Dioretta collection for Dior:



Juicy's Knock-off:


I'm sick of people stealing each other's ideas! It is so repugnant and ethically wrong. And I don't understand how they get away with it — Dolce and Gabbana is still selling Marimekko knock-offs. Good old "Cease & Desist" orders no longer work?!

We really need the Design Piracy Prohibition Act. What's taking so long!
 

5 comments:

WendyB said...

I have no problem with people being "inspired" by the past, but "the past" is not "last year." I thought Juicy gave itself airs about doing original work rather than being a knockoff brand. But I seem to remember some bags they did that were startlingly similar to Luella Bartley's? Am I right?

G.G. said...

I've often had the feeling when looking at various Juicy pieces that some of them seem vaguely familiar... this of course is far from vague. I'll have to check on the Luella Bartley connection, but I'm sure where there's smoke... I haven't really paid much attention to Juicy until this past year.

Anonymous said...

it's totally shameful. but i think i'll have to get the juicy ring, i spent too much time last year swooning over the dior original

Becca...x said...

Sorry to be annoying but i like the Juicy version better! pretty :)

sex999 said...

A片,A片,成人網站,成人漫畫,色情,情色網,情色,AV,AV女優,成人影城,成人,色情A片,日本AV,免費成人影片,成人影片,SEX,免費A片,A片下載,免費A片下載,做愛,情色A片,色情影片,H漫,A漫,18成人

a片,色情影片,情色電影,a片,色情,情色網,情色,av,av女優,成人影城,成人,色情a片,日本av,免費成人影片,成人影片,情色a片,sex,免費a片,a片下載,免費a片下載

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣

A片,A片,A片下載,做愛,成人電影,.18成人,日本A片,情色小說,情色電影,成人影城,自拍,情色論壇,成人論壇,情色貼圖,情色,免費A片,成人,成人網站,成人圖片,AV女優,成人光碟,色情,色情影片,免費A片下載,SEX,AV,色情網站,本土自拍,性愛,成人影片,情色文學,成人文章,成人圖片區,成人貼圖

情色,AV女優,UT聊天室,聊天室,A片,視訊聊天室