Monday, February 11, 2008

GG Updated on Shoes, Lipstick, and Spain

Okay, well, I listened to your great advice and I went and tried those shoes on. They are very cute and they are comfy, but (HORROR OF HORRORS!) I am too old to pull them off! WAAAAAH! So here's my verdict. If you're in your teens and twenties, get them. On a 30-something, they looked like I was trying to hold on to my youth (;_;) *snif* Cruel world, Cruel!

As for the lipstick, I did indeed buy another. In person, "Extrovert" was way dark, so I got "Decadent" — if anyone is doing Old Hollywood for any ball, gala, etc., or just good old everyday pin-up, this lipstick will knock them dead! And when I say it stays on, it stays on. I put it on 4 hrs ago, I blotted on tissue, and have been drinking coffee non-stop and it's still on. That's $10 well spent, ladies.

And now the sad part. Remember how I was supposed to go to Spain with Glam Boy this month? I'm not. Yeah. Totally bummed. He was going to do his business meetings and then we were going to drive around Spain, but instead he had to just do a quick jaunt and fly right back and go to Atlanta. Grrrr. And I had the nicest sundresses all picked out. Grumpy.

And you know what grumpy means in GG language, right? Expect a few shopping posts, pronto :P
 

4 comments:

Lydia said...

I hate it when that happens...I feel that I am too old for some VERY cute and stylish things out there! Sometimes getting older really SUCKS!Sorry about Spain - make some Spanish food and drink some Spanish wine and save the $$$ for another trip! (or some new shoes!)

Michelle said...

As a shoe saleswoman I dont think you are too old to wear those shoes! Im sure you could rock them! But sometimes things are just not meant to be....I had a question I am going to New York on my spring break for four days on to visit different Magazines what would be your suggested attire? Im in Florida...I dont want to be a total mess when I get there and I cant feel my toes.
Thanx!
xoxo
Chelle

constant drama said...

"if anyone is doing Old Hollywood for any ball, gala, etc., or just good old everyday pin-up, this lipstick will knock them dead!"

Since you are my ultimate Style Guru, I would totally do that. Ooohhhh Old Hollywood Glam, heeeerrreee I come!!

Elisabeth said...

Agh, sweetie - what bad news.

Unsuitable shoes and no trip to Spain.

I agree - retail therapy is the only way...!