Friday, February 8, 2008

Afford-a-Glam: L'Oréal HiP Lipsticks


A couple of weeks ago, I found myself early for a meeting, but not early enough to warrant popping into a shoe or clothing store. There was a drugstore on the corner, so I popped in. I bought a few lipsticks (although goodness knows I don't really need them), and a few other cosmetics which I've since forgotten about. But I really struck gold with the L'Oréal HiP (high intensity pigments) moisturizing lipstick.

I bought one in "Daring", a sort of rich mauvey red. At first trial, I thought it a bit too strong for me, but after one smooch on a tissue, the color looked berry-crushed, and I loved it. Also, it stays on well and doesn't make your lips chap, as some lipsticks tend to do in the winter. But I digress.

I started noticing that every time I wore this lipstick, men were more attentive. Weird, right? So I decided to test my hypothesis. I wore the same light "street makeup" on three separate days, only with a different lipstick.

On the first day, I wore my everyday plain and unassuming warm tawny lipstick. I got about the average amount of attention, nice but nothing major. On the second day, I wore only a clear gloss. Men barely opened doors for me. Jerks! On the third day, I wore "Daring" and *BOOM*, they couldn't fall over themselves fast enough to open doors, drop flattering comments, and even pull chairs for me!

To test my hypothesis further, I wore it with the scraggliest clothes in my closet, my hair pulled up in a messy ponytail, wearing glasses and no makeup, and the same thing. I felt like the Queen of Sheba.

Granted, this isn't scientific proof or anything, I'm just saying — go to your nearest drugstore and buy one. I'm definitely getting another. Also thinking about getting "extrovert", which looks yummy.

Even the denser beings of the male sex seem to respond to this. And yes, I know I'm being terribly shallow and sexist saying all this, but hey, if it works, who am I to argue! Just wanted to share with you, that it might be the lipstick to try for Valentine's Day.
 

1 comment:

WendyB said...

Ah...my daily use of red lipstick explains why I am queen of the world. What? No one told you? I won the election for that job on Super Tuesday.