Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Vanity Fair Does Monthly Pin-Up Girls


I love it when the "Powers-that-Be" listen. Vanity Fair will have one modern day starlet styled and photograph in the grand tradition of 1940's pinup girls. They're going all out, as the picture above shows.

January's pinup is Jurnee Smollett (you can read her little 'light box' in the closeup). The shoot was photographed by Matthew Rolston; Styled by Simone Harouache; Set Design by Peter Gargagliano; Hair by Peter Savic using Redken; Makeup by Jake Bailey using Max Factor; Manicure by April Foreman using Chanel. Sweater and shoes by Louis Vuitton, vintage skirt from Palace Costume, L.A.

I buy the occasional copy of VF off the rack, but now I'm thinking I'll have to subscribe!


Photo scanned from January 2008 Vanity Fair
 

2 comments:

Chic and Charming said...

I adore pinups! I might have to subscribe to Vanity Fair as well.

constant_drama said...

YES!!! PIN UPS!!!!!!