Thursday, January 31, 2008

Marc by Marc Jacobs Watches - No Big Whoop


When I heard that Shopbop was carrying the new Marc by Marc Jacobs watches, I was excited. I must say that waned, upon perusing the collection. Lots of "been there, done that, seen it, had it, sold it on eBay."

From the left:
1. I like the black cuff watch, but Fossil 4 years ago, anyone?
2. Standard Anne Klein and DKNY type of watch.
3. The only interesting one in the bunch, I like this white cuff watch — it's got a mod vibe. This actually looks like what you'd expect from MJ.
4. Gold Blah. Every Tom, Dick and Harry collection has one of these.
5. Again, I'm feeling Fossil and Nine West a few years ago.

Verdict:
1 out of 5 is actually design forward. I'm perplexed.

MJ, step it up a notch, will ya?

Photo: Shopbop.com

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I couldn't agree more! What's going on here!?

I sort of like the white one, but where's the orginal flare gone?!

G.G. said...

Yeah, I was hoping for something edgy and young and energetic. What's with the "lady-watches" especially?

LADY said...

I have to tell you that the first one looks awesome in person because the cuff is really think leather and looks very "tough". I say this because I almost bought it when I was at Saks last week but instead got a huge white Plasteramic by Toy Watch.

But on the whole you are totally right. I wish they had that white cuff one at Saks.....damn.