Monday, January 7, 2008

Jennifer Connelly Fashion Crime Explained, or Is It?

Okay, remember how we all GlamBombed Jennifer Connelly in October? Here's a quick peek:



Well, there was an explanation for that hideous getup! Check out these Balenciaga ads with Jennifer Connelly:




Okay, so that explains it, but I still say it does not justify this horrendousness which can only be classified under "Crimes against Womanity" — seriously, I'd rather show up to a party naked, like the chick in the Bluefly ads, than wearing this. Hand on heart, I swear.

Balenciaga ads from PopCrunch
 

7 comments:

WendyB said...

I kind of like crazy-looking get-ups.

G.G. said...

Heh :) I'm not crazy about crazy.

constant_drama said...

The dress looks.....very constricting. Like its gona be hard breathing in it and also moving in it.

The shoes on the other hand is kinda cool. Not fabulous or terrific or somethung I want to wear but cool. Look great if you want to a sexy alien costume.

Elisabeth said...

Oh. my. god.

That's the scariest damn thing I've seen in a while!

Lydia said...

I think this just proves the point that not all high end designers actually think about people and what they look like in their "creations" - these are TERRIBLE! Why would anyone put that on their body? And was she photoshopped - or does that dress look REALLY restricting?!

Valley Girl said...

It screams Balenciaga, though. Ghesquire (spelling?) is always making the female form look unnatural.

Leah said...

Well, I could have told you that...
I agree, Balenciaga, though one of the mot innovative and utterly creative design houses of the moment, is ofter quite unpractical.