Monday, January 14, 2008

Glamour Girls: Katherine Heigl for Vanity Fair

The January 2008 Vanity Fair cover girl was Katherine Heigl. The article inside includes gorgeous photos by Norman Jean Roy, and the shoot was styled in full Old Hollywood glamour by Sarajane Hoare. Hair was by Danilo with Pantene products, makeup by Pati Dubroff using Dior.

The pictures are gorgeous.

In the cover image, the dress is by Jean Yu, the black & white striped sun hat by Philip Treacy for Ralph Lauren. On the "Features" page, black see-through shirt by Marc Jacobs, white pencil skirt from Calvin Klein Collection. Shorts by Temperley London, black sweater by Ralph Lauren Black Label, shoes Christian Louboutin. The white evening gown is OMO Norma Kamali, gloves LaCrasia, shoes Sergio Rossi. The ivory and black dress is Nina Ricci from Bergdorf Goodman.

The article by Leslie Bennetts shows Heigl to be very down-to-earth:

On honesty:

"As women, we have more of a tendency to be people-pleasers, and I know a lot of women who are not vocal about what makes them happy. I was like that in my early 20s, but not anymore I spent a lot of time not being clear about who I was and what was important to me. It's easy to be taken advantage of if you're not honest.... I decided I was sick of trying to figure out what everybody else wanted, and I should just decide what I want, and be honest, and not spend all my time guessing."

On marriage:

"I don't have any grand illusions about marriage. I think it's a crapshoot. The odds are really bad, especially in this town."

On her success:

"I am thrilled and grateful and excited; it's all amazingly wonderful.... I'm still working hard, but it doesn't feel like I'm banging my head against the wall anymore. There were a lot of years of trying to get people to hire me. I was auditioning for everything, just to pay the bills, and I wasn't doing work I wanted to do. It was disheartening. But power in this town comes with box office. When heads of studios call you on your cell phone to tell you they loved your movie, it's like, Are you serious? This is somebody I couldn't even have gotten into the room with to audition for two years ago!"

For the full article, grab Vanity Fair at the newsstand now.

Quoted and scanned from the January 2008 Vanity Fair


WendyB said...

She sounds nice and straightforward.

Lydia said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Old Hollywood glamour! She looks FABULOUS!

Valley Girl said...

I lovvvvvvvvvvvvve!!!!

Gorgeous Black Women said...

It's hilarious to me that someone posing in shorts, legs in the air pin-up style, doesn't find the humor in calling a movie sexist.

Some of the pictures are nice. She's taken Gwyneth Paltrow's spot on the Most Insufferable Actress list. Except Gwyneth is witty when being offensive.

Anonymous said...

29047126483369175 I play dofus Replica Watches for one year, I Replica Rolex Watches want to get some Replica Watch kamas to buy Replica Chanel Watches item for my character. So, I search "Replica Swiss Watches" on google and found many website. As Exact Replica Graham Watch the tips from the forum, I just review the Swiss Replica Watches websites and choose some Replica Montblanc Watches quality sites to Replica Cartier Watches compare the price, and go to their Replica Breguet Watches online support to make Replica Breitling Watches the test. And Last Chaos Gold I decide to use Replica BRM Watch at the end. And Tag Heuer Replica Watch that is the Replica IWC Watch beginning..

consejo comprar yate said...

It can't really have effect, I believe this way. said...

Wow, there is really much useful data here!