Friday, January 4, 2008

Giuseppe Zanotti Causes Heart Palpitations

Giuseppe Zanotti designs shoes as only Italian men can — shoes that make you feel like Sophia Loren and Gina Lollobrigida wrapped in one; shoes that, when you wear them, you know you're a woman. "Women are mysterious creatures.... I enter the universe of the woman and as a result, they fall in love with my creations," Zanotti says.1

Zanotti, a DJ turned designer, began his career in shoes in the Eighties as a freelancer for shoe and clothing companies, finally launching Giuseppe Zanotti Design in 1994 with his wife Cinzia. His company, Vicini S.p.A., is located in his Italian hometown of San Mauro Pascoli, renowned for its shoemaking traditions. Today, Vicini produces shoes for lines such as Roberto Cavalli, Blumarine, and Ferré among others. Even with over 30 flagship stores from Milan to New York to Malaysia, Zanotti is firmly entrenched in Italy and wants to "remain in Italy and teach how to make our magic product."2

Magic Indeed!  Every season, Giuseppe Zanotti designs 1,000 sample shoes and oversees every aspect of production from beginning to end. Between Zanotti's own line and the lines produced for other brands, his 400+ employees produce over 400,000 pairs of shoes every year. Zanotti shoes are well-beloved of celebrity clients such as Beyoncé, Heidi Klum, Cameron Diaz, Penelope Cruz, and Alicia Keys to name just a few. Zanotti was named FFANY Designer of the Year in October 2007.

Here are some of Zanotti's shoes currently on the market — be warned that serious arrhythmia may occur:

For boutique locations, visit

Photo source:

  1.  "Stars fall at his feet." Cheong Phin.
      New Strait Times. Malaysia: 2 Jan 2008.
  2.  "Giuseppe Zanotti: Hometown boy makes
      good by staying put." Stephanie Epiro.
      Footwear News. June 2003.



WendyB said...

I am BLOWN AWAY by shoe #1.

G.G. said...

Me too, I really felt my heartbeat grow thready when I saw it. I wonder if they're walkable... Madison Ave, here I come to try them on!

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

Love the orange shoes at the top, so fab!

constant_drama said...

Orange shoes! Both of them!


Lys said...

Ay dios mio! I seriously had to do a doubletake at the spectator shoe. I've fondled his shoes at Saks before, but thought - eehhh as the Loubous were always a distraction. I think I've been too harsh and should really think about giving the Giuseppes another look (or three). Thanks G.G.!

DaRcI said...

love at first sight, and I'm not a shoe girl :)

LADY said...

That Spectator Pump is divine!!!!!

Shoeaddict said...

Def heart palpitations!!

Elisabeth said...

I am backtracking a bit through your blog - but can you blame me?

These are to die for.

The first pair are pretty immense, but how cute are the ones with the red toe!?

bitterbabe said...

Giuseppe Zanotti. I now official love this man.