Monday, December 31, 2007

I Want to be a Movie Star...


... just so I can wear fabulous historical costume reproductions. They just released the trailer for The Duchess (2008), starring Keira Knightley. I don't know if the movie will be any good, but look at the sleeves on that dress! I have serious costume-envy!

I'm not saying I want to go back to the days before the invention of antibiotics and deodorant, but I do think we should reconsider our clothes. Who cares if the dresses were uncomfortable, suffocating, and weighed more than 10 lbs?! I'd be willing to suffer for fashion! Of current designers, only Galliano seems to understand this. Ahh, to live and die in Galliano!





Photos: 1. Paramount Vantage / Pathé. 2 & 3. Galliano for Dior, F/W 2007 Couture show / Style.com
 

5 comments:

mllink said...

I said the exact same thing after I saw the second Elizabeth movie. Ohhh how I want to walk around in one of those costumes for a day. I may not be able to drive though.

Anonymous said...

who said anything about driving? lets get drivers! then we can wear our corsets and big hoop skirts. how lovely! :)

www.muebles-en-lleida.com said...

It won't really have effect, I think this way.

muebles albacete said...

I found a lot of helpful info here!

отели в барселоне said...

Hey, there is a lot of useful info above!