Thursday, December 20, 2007

Hilary Swank and P.S. I Love You


Dublin Premiere, 19 Dec 2007

Hilary Swank looked like a movie star in her white 1950's dress — good show!
P.S. I Love You is a romantic comedy (read: chick flick) based on the novel by Cecelia Ahern. The premise is that 30-year-old Holly has just lost the love of her life, when letters start arriving from her dead husband, all signed, "P.S. I love you." These letters are meant to guide Holly through her grief and into a new chapter of her life. They describe various activities she should do, places she should go, experiences he wants her to have, including a trip to Ireland. The movie has an all star cast, including Harry Connick, Jr. (P.S., I love him), Kathy Bates, and Gerard Butler (of 300 fame). I love chick flicks and if we can ditch the boys, we're going to see this over the holidays.



Photo: Bauer-Griffin. Poster: Warner Brothers

6 comments:

shoeaddict said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Harry Connick, JR. He's a NOLA man. I wish so so much that someone else would've been cast as the role of Hollie, though. I cannot STAND Hilary Swank.

This Lady said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! Gerrard Butler!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I loved the book and can't wait to see this movie. Especially if Gerald Butler is the male lead.

LADY said...

Wanna go with me?

G.G. said...

ShoeAddict - How good would it have been with, say, Renee Zellwegger?! I saw Harry Connick in concert 3 yrs ago. That man is 2-die-4!

This Lady - I haven't seen him in anything yet, but I have a recorded weakness for Irish men. And Scots. And the Welsh aren't half bad either. Chances are I'll be a GB fan by the end of this too :P

Anon - from the sounds of it, they did the book justice, so I'm pretty psyched.

Lady - I'd love to, if you can wait until after the New Year? My sister and her husband are coming on Saturday for Xmas for the week. Yay! I'm gonna try to give Martha Stewart a run for her money :P

Me said...

I would do just about anything to/for/with Gerard Butler except see this movie. The promos alone make me nauseous.