Thursday, November 8, 2007

Pin-Ups to Add a Little Glam to Your Boudoir

 

The 1940s pin-ups were pretty (and sometimes very provocative) pictures of lovely girls in calendars and magazine centerfolds, meant to be pinned up on the wall or locker door. They gained huge popularity during World War II with the soldiers, who could dream of pretty girls waiting back home. Pin-up pictures were disposable at the time, but with time the artists have gained appreciation for their works as art, not just pulp illustration. I'm getting these to add to the back wall of my walk-in closet, but they would look just as gorge above the makeup table.







 

7 comments:

Lady N said...

Love those pictures! I've seen birthday cards and stationary with pin up girls before - I think they'd be fun to give to someone!

G.G. said...

Yeah, they would! They also come in fridge magnets, which are darling.

Valley Girl said...

I love pin-ups!!!!

Rachel said...

I've recently been remodeling my bedroom to give it a more feminine air to it. I found a vendor at a market in Texas last week who was selling old calendar pictures of pinup girls. I found them adorable, and bought four of the cutest ones to hang in a group above my bed. I got black frames to go around them and it makes quite the statement!! Great call on pinups!

Dwacon® said...

It is amazing how these old school pin ups are sexy while showing less skin than today's "pop tarts."

Old school rules!

OldSchoolPinUps said...

Love Pin Ups? Why not be one, check out Old School Pin Ups at http://www.oldschoolpinups.com/ . We are the nations top pin up studio. Alex Borstein of Family Guy even came here for her Bombshell DVD. We specialize in era accurate classic pin up photography.

Anonymous said...

29047126483369175 I play dofus Replica Watches for one year, I Replica Rolex Watches want to get some Replica Watch kamas to buy Replica Chanel Watches item for my character. So, I search "Replica Swiss Watches" on google and found many website. As Exact Replica Graham Watch the tips from the forum, I just review the Swiss Replica Watches websites and choose some Replica Montblanc Watches quality sites to Replica Cartier Watches compare the price, and go to their Replica Breguet Watches online support to make Replica Breitling Watches the test. And Last Chaos Gold I decide to use Replica BRM Watch at the end. And Tag Heuer Replica Watch that is the Replica IWC Watch beginning..