Thursday, November 8, 2007

CMA Awards Red Carpet: Nicole Kidman Sizzles


Let me start by saying I don't listen to country music, nor did I watch the CMAs — I don't know who most of the people involved were, at all. But as you know, I can't resist a red carpet. I must say I had severe culture shock. The CMA arrivals were like a different genre of fashion. The only outfit I responded to in a positive fashion was the fuchsia to purple Alexander McQueen on Nicole Kidman. It was bold, it was fabulous, and it made the other fashion violence that was inflicted on my sensitive soul by the CMAs almost worth it.

I couldn't willfully post some of the crimes against fashion I witnessed, for fear of causing my readers undue pain and suffering. Below are the least offensive of the red carpet:


Jewel (and her Go-Go-Gadget Breasts)


Carrie Underwood, Texas Prom Queen


LeAnn Rimes, Chiffon Mermaid

 

14 comments:

Kaye said...

"CMA arrivals were like a different genre of fashion"- that bad? I better take a look! =D

G.G. said...

It was like cheerleaders, prom queens, and the cast of "Dynasty" all rolled into one. I'm still reeling.

WendyB said...

Nicole's dress is beautiful. And the CMAs should be crazy!

Victor said...

I loved this year CMA... Rascal Flatts along with Gary LeVox and Jamie Foxx were great! I saw this great country music directory with lots of videos from people like Taylor Swift, Dierk Bentley and Alan Jackson: http://www.weshow.com/us/c/83/country_and_folk
Which one of those is your favorite singer?

Anonymous said...

I don't like Nicole's dress.

shoeaddict said...

The guys were worse than the girls

G.G. said...

Hey Victor, like I said, I never heard of any of those country singers, so I don't have a fave :P

BethCupitt said...

the chiffon mermaid is appaling. she looks like she knows it too. poor girl.

ReckenRoll said...

They fugged Nicole at Go Fug Yourself today. Hmmm. I am of 2 minds on that dress...

Audrey said...

What about Kellie Pickler? She looked pretty cute don't ya think?

Neverbeenkissed said...

Aww keith Urban....Not to spam but if you get a chance check out my blog, it will like a sex and the city column but it's about teenagers all with real life experiences!

Martino said...

When you have had too many facial pastic surgieries like Nicole Kidman did, I'm afaraid no outfit could compensate. She looks just soooo "plastic". The dress is cute, though.

babelouise said...

Oh, my! Those dresses are beyond bad. Nicole Kidman's was beautiful, though.

give Defn 2 urself said...

the thing is that the dress is fabulous piece of work but nicole has not carried it well.
a baby doll look doesnt match wid d dress.