Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Fall 2007 T-Strap Shoes - 1930's Glamour Revisited


The late 1920s and the early 1930s were ruled by the T-strap pump. Above, you see the cover illustration for the French Magazine "Le Sourire", from November 1928. Entitled "Le Tentateur", or, "The Tempter", see what he is tempting her with? A catalog that reads "Winter Fashion, 1928-1929". Ah, the French!

Eighty years later, fashion and T-straps still tempt us. Here are some of this Fall's best "Tease-straps" — many of them come in other colors as well:



Christian Louboutin
Patent Platform T-Strap Sandal
$785 Neiman Marcus

icon
Moschino Signature "Lamé"
Foil Leather Double Strap
$550 Nordstromicon


Oh Deer! "Naomi"
Black Patent Peek-a-boo
$91.95 Zappos


Carlos by Carlos Santana "Trace"
Old Silver Cracked Leather
$88.95 ShoeBuy.com


Christian Louboutin "Hyde Park"
Gold Nappa & Black Satin
$576 Bluefly

icon
Oh Deer "Jamocha" Pump
$94.95 (few sizes) Nordstromicon
$109.99 (more sizes) Shoes.com


Dolce Vita "Allure"
Patent Leather T-Strap
$138 Shopbop


Betsey Johnson "Leland"
Red Patent Button T-strap
$229.95 Endless.com


BCBGirls "Tolm"
Black Kid Leather
$102.56 Zappos


French Connection "Sally"
Pewter Leather Peep-Toe
$136.76 Zappos


Beverly Feldman "Amazing"
Black Suede T-Strap Pump
$229.95 Endless.com



Kenzie "Eric"
Black Patent Leather
$55.99 Shoes.com


Halé Bob "Olympia"
Pink Croc T-Strap D'Orsay
$114.95 Endless.com


Franco Sarto "Irony"
$89.99 Shoes.com


Oh!  "Regal"
Metallic Cobra T-Strap
$215.95 Endless.com


Nine West Women's "Rerdell"
Black & Gold Satin Sandal
$88.95 Endless.com


Vigotti "Karmen"
Burgundy Red Satin Pump
$159.95 Zappos


MICHAEL Michael Kors "Dylan"
Animal Print Haircalf T-Strap
$119.99 Shoes.com

icon
Linea Paolo "Sherilyn"
Gold & Black Lace
$109.95 Nordstromicon


Oh...DEER! "Coffee"
Brown & Black Zebra Heel
$115.95 Endless.com


Nine West "Roise"
(worn by Blair in "Gossip Girl")
$92.95 Zappos

icon
Via Spiga "Macro"
Two-tone Black & White
$198 Nordstromicon


Stuart Weitzman "Getty"
Navy Suede & Black Satin
$201 Zappos


Fendi
Blue Woven Leather Sandal
$576 Bluefly


Aerosoles "High Demand"
Dark Blue Leather
$39.99 ShoeBuy

icon
BP. "Plié"
Red Satin T-Strap Sandal
$59.95 Nordstromicon


Lela Rose for Payless
"Birchin" T-Strap Pump
$30 Payless


Christian Louboutin "Super T"
Navy & Black T-bar Shoes
$720 Net-a-Porter
 


Related Posts:
Fall 2007 Glam Shoe Guide: Criss Cross Pumps
Giant Post of Luscious, Affordable Mary Jane Pumps
Mary Me, Manolo Blahnik! I mean, Mary Jane me?
Christian Louboutin, I Loub You!
Fall 2007 Glam Shoe Guide Part I: Pumps (Heels)
Fall Leather Ankle Boots & Booties Under $100

Technorati tags: | | | |

Caveat emptor: The prices quoted are the prices found as of the posting of this — prices may go up or down depending on the will of the shoe gods. I can't guarantee price, size availability or much else. I'm just posting shoes I, and I think my readers, like. No warranties express or implied intended.
 

9 comments:

shoeaddict said...

I love these shoes!!

Valley Girl said...

I am crazy for the first and last pairs of Loubous!!!

Katie said...

I love how great styles always seem to find their way back around again and these sexy shoes are no exception.

It was awesome to see the old French ad. Thanks for sharing!!

G.G. said...

I think my faves are the blue Loubous. I'm thinking of getting the Oh Deer Jamochas... they'd look fab with a plain black outfit and a little red clutch and red lips.

Moi said...

I love t-straps. I'd die for those Louboutins!

Lady N said...

I love t-strap shoes! They are my favorite to wear with everything, they make me feel like an exotic salsa dancer.

LADY said...

I am so happy to see all the T-straps! I tried on the Louboutins at Bergdorfs yesterday. It was so sad. I almost cried when I had to give them back.

G.G. said...

OMG, never try on a pair of shoes you can't buy, it's beyond cruel and unusual punishment. I've done it too. Shoe<3Break!

Anarchisys said...

And what about men?