Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Tim Gunn's Guide to Style -- Even Better Than I Dreamed!


Everyone loves Tim Gunn. And why not! He's a fashion guru and a fabulous person through and through. I'm sure all you Glam Gals have been waiting on pins and needles for his new show, "Tim Gunn's Guide to Style" on Bravo. I have been dying, waiting for it to begin. The official Premiere is tomorrow, but thanks to the benevolent geniuses at Bravo, they aired the first episode tonight after "Top Chef" (forgive me for meandering, but I think the judges made the right decision tonight, do you?).

Touted by Bravo as "The Little Black Dress of Makeover Shows," the hype and advertising for the show have been unbelievable. But guess what? The show delivers! I had high expectations and hopes, and the show was even better than I could have dreamed.

I don't want to tell you too much, so as not to ruin it for you, in case you haven't seen it yet, so I'll just cover the bare minimum. The premiere episode features a woman named Karen, who is 41, but still dresses as she did when she was in her twenties. It's not an uncommon phenomenon—many women get stuck dressing after the age and era when they felt most attractive (or what else would explain many 40 yr-olds with 80's hair and fashions). Tim comes to her home, assesses her clothing and style situation, and goes about trying to effect a more sophisticated change.

The show is well structured, Tim is fabulous as ever, and the show not only has great things to teach, but is filled with heart and humor. The premiere episode's "victim" is also very entertaining, with priceless quotes, like: "I will look like 10 pounds of bologna stuffed into five pounds of skin."  You know I'm so going to use that the first opportunity I get. The show will be airing tomorrow night (with several repeats — check the schedule). Tomorrow they also unveil the contestants of "Project Runway: Season 4", could you just die of curiosity? I love Tim Gunn. I couldn't be happier for him for having a sure-fire hit on his hands!

Make sure to enter the Tim Gunn Project Style sweepstakes:

Liz Claiborne.com



Related Posts:
Project Runway Season 4 - Dying of Withdrawals
 

2 comments:

gilda said...

i ADORE tim gunn and always had since i started watching project runway. fast forward to now, i'm attending parsons (no i wanted to come here long before i'd heard of project runway) and i'm sooo peeved that tim gunn is no longer the dean!! he left just as i came in!! but all my teachers have only praises for him and it seems he really was the most amazing person. yay for tim! i love him!

G.G. said...

OMG, how amazing for you! Every time I watch the show I have to have my scissors and fabric handy, because it makes me want to create. I just dabble, but what I wouldn't give to have enough talent and ability to be at Parsons too! OMG, I can't wait to say "I knew her when", when some day I see you on PR :)