Thursday, July 5, 2007

Top Ten Beauty Products I'm Currently Obsessed With

Lady of You Say I'm a Bitch Like It's a Bad Thing had this meme on her site and I asked to be tagged. Here are mine, in no particular order:


1. REDKEN EXTREME
"strengthens, repairs, and provides protection for chemically and mechanically distressed hair." Since my hair is multiply colored, this is the best thing for it. Extreme Rescue Force is the best conditioner I've come across in my life. The Extreme Anti-Snap is a leave-in which stops hair from breaking when you brush through it. You know when it's wet and feels a bit like bubble gum? No? Then you haven't "chemically distressed" your hair as much as I have :P The other great thing about this line is that they make your hair smell like candy!



2. OLAY DAILY FACIALS CLEANSING CLOTHS
These Daily Cleansing Cloths take off all your makeup and cleanse all the impurities. The rougher side gently exfoliates and the softer side for eyes. It's really simple - the lazy person's way to keep their skin looking fabulous. I have dry skin in general, but this summer I have a mean T-Zone, and this product has made all the difference. I've tried both Neutrogena and Dove cleansing cloths and they don't measure up.



3. BIOTECHNIQUES LIFTING

This is a 3 minute moisturizing and lifting masque that makes your skin look like you're 15! After that, makeup goes on like a cinch, and you feel amazing. It's got Kaolin extract and Witch Hazel among other ingredients. I bought this from a spa where I had my facial when I was in Paris earlier this year — as yet, I don't know where to get it in the US. I only found one place online that sells it: Actuellement Votre. I hope Sephora starts carrying it soon, because it is amazing!



4. URBAN DECAY GLITTER LINER AND EYE SHADOW
My friend Victoria gave me these for Xmas and I love them: Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in "Baked" which is a bronzey gold and eyeshadow in Midnight Cowboy, also a warm gold. I wear the shadow more often than the liner, because the liner is very "clubby" — also, the glitter will end up everywhere. But when you want to look like Titania, queen of the fairies, this is the perfect glitter companion!


5. CHANEL IRRÉELLE SOLEIL SILKY BRONZING POWDER
I bought this Chanel Bronzer, in #22 Sierra, two years ago at Charles de Gaulle airport. It's so subtle that it's versatile enough for blush, for contouring, and for bronzing. I use it year-round. After two years, I'm not even half-way done the cake, so while it may seem expensive at first glance, it really pays itself off. And when it says "Silky", it really is: it goes on flawlessly with a wonderful soft brush — no clumping, no sticking to the drier spots on your face. And none of that fake-tan look either.

icon

6. MAYBELLINE DREAM MOUSSE BLUSH (SOFT PLUM)
From the chèr to the cheap, huh? I don't care if it works! When I want a pink girly flush, I use this. Vic (the same friend who gave me Urban Decay) had this last summer and I tried it and it is fantastic. The mousse spreads really evenly with your fingertips and you can control how much color you want — from the merest hint of a flush to the 1920s porcelain doll look. $5.99 and in a tiny container that fits perfectly in the purse.


7. SOFTSOAP BODY WASH POMEGRANATE & MANGO
If you haven't tried this shower gel, you're missing out. It smells sweet and fresh at once and has these little crystal thingies called "moisture beads" which moisturize your skin. It's a great start to the morning for a grumpy waker-upper (me).


8. O·P·I NAIL BRIGHTS NAIL POLISH
Love them! My faves right now are the Tiffany's color Dazzle Me, the cotton candy pink Mod About You, and the pearlescent purple Significant Other Color. I also like the Essie Loophole (Metallic Silver), which comes in their summer collection along with 5 other polishes.


9. DIORSHOW GLOSS
I'm a lipgloss addict. I have dozens. Right now my favorite is DiorShow Gloss in Charlotte. It's super-glossy and doesn't chap my lips as some glosses tend to do.


10. HALLOWEEN LIMITED TROPICAL EDITION 2007
Halloween Limited Edition 2007 is a tropical summer version of J. del Pazo's Halloween perfume. A sensual fragrance which reminds me of the Caribbean and I'm absolutely intoxicated with right now. The maker's description says, "top notes of green lime from Cozumel, bokhol green bananas, and seas of Alaska. At the heart are floral blends of magnolias, lily of the valley, tuberose and pink pepper."

Related Posts:
Beauty Top Picks
Clinique Top Picks


Current Cosmetics & Beauty Coupons:

CosmeticMall.com has FREE Gifts With Purchase!
Vote for your Favorite at Perfume.com and get 15% off Coupon!
Spend $75 on Beauty.com and get train case filled with deluxe-size samples - $50 value!
Cosmetics Store StrawberryNET has free shipping worldwide and 50% off specials!
FragranceNet.com has Brand name Perfumes, up to 70% OFF
30 Day Free Trial from Hydroderm - Better Than Botox!

4 comments:

LADY said...

Our picks are so similar! How funny! And I wear that Urban Decay shadow practically everyday - exact same shade....and I just started using the daily facials about two weeks ago. We need to hang out immediately. I feel that we might be soul mates.

G.G. said...

We are cosmetically linked! We must hang. After my mom's trip, absolutely :)

LADY said...

Fantastic! I'll bring Model Citizen and we'll have pomogrante martinis.

buy caverta said...

Hi,
Thanks for sharing this top ten beauty products. Really very nice collection.