Saturday, June 23, 2007

Shopping Saturday Sales: Shopbop

I'm having a lazy Saturday in, sitting in my Le Monde d'Alba pajamas, surfing the online sales. Glam Boy gave me these for Valentine's Day — how romantic is that! He knows my love of sleepwear
(I take my sleep very seriously) and instead of going the Clueless Man route and buying any old lingerie he found attractive, he actually thought hard about what I would like best. They are so soft to sleep in, and turquoise is one of my favorite colors.

But I digress. Saturday. Shopping.

Shopbop has been having the end of summer clearance sale with items 30-70% off for a few weeks now, and just this week they added a slew of new items to the chopping (or shopping) block. Here are my top picks from the sale items:

Remembering the tips for keeping one's head at a sale, we'll
Begin with Basics:

1. The Little Black Dress

Geren Ford
Silk Cocktail Dress
 What I like about this dress is that it is at once classic and fresh. Also, it'll serve you well this fall, since red is one of the main colors. For example, Gucci, Bill Blass, and Abaeté featured red & black looks in the same vein.

2. Sweaters.
These will work nicely for a moonlit walk on the beach now, and they will also keep you warm well into the fall, even winter if you're lucky to live in a warmer climate. In addition to black, gray, and white, consider navy since blue is also an in-color this fall.

Norma Kamali for Everlast
Kangaroo Hooded Coat
Cashmere Long Cardigan

3. Skirts.
Geren Ford
Silk Snap Skirt
 This skirt is cute and a great color for this fall. It's in the same vein as this Betsey Johnson dress from her Fall 2007 Ready-to-Wear collection.

Ok. Next step is Perfect Prices:

$24.50 Maria Bonita Extra Heart Bracelet
It comes in 3 colors, and I can't even decide which one is sweetest.

And then, Luxuries Last:

It's been the summer of white lace, but how about some black lace — very Naughty Nice.

Marc by Marc Jacobs
Mia Lace Blouse

Jill Stuart Shoes
Sophie Pump

All Sale Goodies at

Related posts:
Glam Tips: How to Keep Your Head in a Sale
The Little Black Dress

Fashion Show images from

Technorati tags: | | |

No comments: