Saturday, June 23, 2007

Makeup Secrets of Debra Messing (The Starter Wife)

I've received many emails asking what makeup Debra Messing (The Starter Wife) wears. Makeup Artist Cynthia Bachman divulged some Debra Messing makeup secrets in an interview at BeautyBuzz:

"Debra loves makeup! She probably has double the product that I do. She is obsessive about makeup products. Debra has oily, very sensitive skin, so she uses the Epicuren Line and it works fabulously. The elixir and aloe vera really calmed her skin. I start with Laura Mercier Face Primer because she has incredibly sensitive skin and it creates a barrier between her skin and the makeup. I also use Clinique Sheer Matteness Lotion [[discontinued: try Moisture In-Control Oil-Free Lotionicon instead]] lightly in the t-zone area for absorption. Debra has to use oil free foundation, so I use Physician's Formula Velvet Cream Foundation.

For her eyes, I use Chanel Les Mats Naturels and MAC Piccadilly on her lids for extra punch. I also use Stila Hint for the crease and as a contour on her cheeks. Then I use Stila Irma La Douce with a cake eyeliner sealer and use that to line the eye first. It really brings out the green in her eyes. Then I use a dark green/black eyeliner from Face Stockholm to add additional color to her eyes. I rim her inner eye with Ben Nye Magic White, which is a light, creamy eggshell colored pencil [[discontinued: try Benefit Cosmetics Mr. Frosty]]. It gives her more of a Bette Davis eye. For her brows, I use Originsicon Auburn and Prestige Blond Eyebrow pencils. The Prestige Blond is a neutral taupe that enhances the brow but it's not apparent you're using it. And I use the Auburn to add some warmth. To finish her eyes, I use Lancome Amplicils Mascara.

I use Tutu blush from Stila or La Femme Cloudy Pink Blush on Debra. For her lips, we use Benefit Lip Plump on her upper lip and then I create a three-dimensional lip using a slightly darker color around the lip line and blending it in towards the center. I like to use Face Stockholm Scene lip pencil to create this effect. Debra loves SmashBox Bacio and L'Oreal Temptress lipsticks. And she lives for Stila lip glosses! She especially likes the Pink Shine, Melon Shine and Poppy Shine. I use Estee Lauder's Oil Free Dual Finish Powder in Translucent Medium to finish the look [[discontinued: try Estee Lauder AeroMatte Ultralucent Pressed Powder]].

Do you do anything special for Debra [to] go out in the evening or to awards shows?

Yes, I like to use Hard Candy eyeshadows... They are great for evening sparkle, which is so in right now. They come in fabulously fun colors and have a little glitter in them. I also use sparkly shadows from MAC or a neutral shimmer without a lot of color. It makes the eyelid look wet. I also like the Origins Slipcovers Cream Blush for adding more tone on the cheeks. Then I do a light neutral glossy lip. I also like to use Ben Nye Powder Lumieres. I like to mix the Ice and Gold shades together with some Lubriderm Lotionicon and rub it on any exposed skin. I did that with Debra when she attended the Golden Globes and the TV Guide Awards. It looks very ethereal."

Related posts:
The Starter Wife: Get Debra Messing's Look
The Starter Wife: More Knockoff Style
The Starter Wife: Knock off Debra Messing's Look
The Starter Wife: Hour 3 Clothes Disappoint
Get Your Starter Wife "Wife Goes On" Tank!

Photo from Hollywood Mama.

Technorati tags: |


No comments: