Saturday, June 23, 2007

Glam Tag

A new meme is going around, and I've been doubly tagged! The fabulous glam girls of both "Clotheshorse" and "You Say I'm a Bitch Like It's a Bad Thing" tagged me. How delish! Here are the directions:

"Game Rules: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to then report this on their own blog with their 7 things as well as these rules. They then need to tag 7 others and list their names on their blog. They are also asked to leave a comment for each of the tagged, letting them know they have been tagged and to read the blog."

Random Glam Fact 1:

from the nice people at L'Oréal

Drew Barrymore once said that inside her lived a frustrated hairdresser. I'm not exaggerating by much when I say that I've had every one of the above hair colors at some point in time, plus green, blue, violet, and pink (some of them through coloring accidents). While I sometimes get my hair colored or color-corrected at a salon, there is every chance that on a given day I will look in the mirror, feel bored, and run to the drugstore and take matters into my own hands. $10-20 and you look entirely different! The people in my life are no longer even surprised when they saw me blonde the week before, brunette the month before that, and red today; it's become par for the course. The only one constantly upset by my hair is my mother, who would like me to have my natural, boring color. Not going to happen.

Random Glam Fact 2:

I've lived in NYC, London, Los Angeles, and Rome, among other places.

Random Glam Fact 3:

from the nice people at HGTV

I'm a bit of an HGTV Junkie — my favorites are Divine Design and Designed to Sell, but on a given day I may just leave it on for hours. It's the lure of the "makeover show" I think — I've also been known to watch What Not to Wear (both the BBC original and its American counterpart on TLC), How Do I Look? on Style, and of course Extreme Makeover (both the people and the home editions). I know it's shallow, but I do so enjoy people and houses being made to look their best!

Random Glam Fact 4:

I'm a fashion omnivore. I love everything from Gucci to Gap; the key is to mix and match successfully. You can buy a cheap tank from Target to wear under a designer blouse, a flea market T-shirt to wear with Seven Jeans, and you can still look like a million dollars.

Random Glam Fact 5:

Photo: Milton Greene. At the Smithsonian Institute

I hate pantyhose. I find them unglamorous and unpleasant. As Marlene Dietrich so vividly demonstrates above, true bombshells wear their Glam Gams bare. The only time you'll see me in pantyhose is either during the winter or at a funeral. If hose are an absolute necessity (and I can't think of any other situations where hose is an absolute must) I would rather wear stockings, either the stay-up variety, or with a garter belt.

Random Glam Fact 6:

My New Year's Resolution this year was to drink more champagne. I thought to myself, "I could be hit by a bus tomorrow and my one regret was that I didn't drink more champagne." So Glam Boy and I have adopted Champagne Tuesday — every Tuesday we open a bottle of champagne for no reason at all and our toast is "Happy Tuesday." It's been the best New Year's resolution I have ever made and one of the few I think I might be able to keep!

Random Glam Fact 7:

Bridget Jones' Diary is my favorite movie — it always makes me feel happy. I also have a deep abiding love for the book BJD (book and movie) was modelled after: Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. I've watched every movie ever made of the book, as well as its modern adaptations. The Golden Oldie movie version with Sir Laurence Olivier leaves me a bit cold, as does the latest version with Keira Knightley. But the worst one I've seen was the Bollywood/Hollywood production, Bride and Prejudice. My favorite version is the BBC miniseries with Colin Firth. My favorite book adaptation (after BJD of course) is Melissa Nathan's Pride, Prejudice and Jasmin Field.

I tag:
Hollywood Mama; Laura K of Mile High Style; Queen Michelle of Kingdom of Style; Tru of The Perks of Being a Wallflower; Sophia of La Voguette; Mrs Fashion; and The Fashion Bomb.


Seraphine said...

Looking at all your hair colors makes me smile. I tried some purple recently, and was a bit disappointed the color was too dark. Nobody noticed the purple against my black hair.

Mrs Fashion said...

Thanks for your tag - but I've already been tagged with this one - by a couple of people! As I read everyone else's fabulous facts I'm struggling to come up with anything witty and chic so am still working on it...... But I'm so glad to have been introduced to your blog - how come I haven't read it before?!
Mrs F x

G.G. said...

Seraphine - Ahh, the trick with dark hair and bright colors is first to bleach out the strands that you want to color. Then use the color. Manic Panic, for example, works very well. Very drying for hair though, so use a good conditioner afterwards. You just gave me an idea: I'll do a hair color how-to post soon!

Mrs Fashion - the blogs only a month old so far, that's probably why. I've been lurking on your blog for a while, and only got the courage last night to comment :)

LADY said...

I almost posted as one of my facts that my hair has been every color! I am glad someone else understands.

And I love love love BJD! And yes, my night was very Bridget! Very good call my dear. Now if only Colin Firth had been there to take care of my drunk ass.....Sigh.

Anonymous said...

"true bombshells wear their Glam Gams bare......"

On the contrary, 99% of all women do NOT have legs that would be considered "Glam" when their bare.

Blotchy, veiny, cottage cheese, etc. You ladies do not realize what the power of PH or Nylons on your legs has on most men.

They are the cherry on a beautiful cake, the finishing touch and drive most men crazy.

Put a bare set of legs and a set of legs with nylons or PH on 2 women, the men WILL ALWAYS check out the lady with the Nylons or Pantyhose.

Bare legs belong on the BEACH. Thats all.