Friday, May 25, 2007

Beauty Top Picks

Diorshow Black Out Mascara
A Sephora exclusive, a limited edition version of Diorshow. I got this a few days ago and tonight a Glamour Guy asked me if my lashes were really my lashes! A Glamour Girl doesn't mind wearing lashes from time to time, but isn't is a great feeling when those gorgeous lashes are really your own. I first bought Diorshow in Paris a few years ago and if someone had told me a mascara could beat it, I would have smiled obligingly, but not believed. This is the Glamour Queen of mascaras.

Smasbox O-GLOW
The first blush that can tell what your skin looks like when you blush, and makes you look naturally radiant. I can't claim to understand how it works, but seeing is believing. Gives you youthful rosy cheeks. As if that weren't enough, the Vitamin-C and other antioxidants in the product improve your skin while you wear it. What could be better!

Nars Lip Lacquer
Fabulous gloss in adorable little pots. In my Glamour Girl Boudoir I have tubes and wands and pots of various glosses, but this is the one I always return to. I have it in a few colors, but my favorites are Chelsea Girl (for that nude, "my lips are just naturally luscious" look) and Diablo for nights out.

Clarins UV PLUS SPF 40
Last, but most important of all these products. Sunblock for the face, it has an SPF of 40; what makes it better than anything else out there is that it has minerals which not only screen the sun, they actually block it. It's also great to keep pollution from getting to your skin. If you live in a metropolis like New York, LA, or London, you know what pollution can do. I discovered this three years ago and as soon as spring summer gets strong I put it on faithfully every morning. I don't want the wrinkles or the freckles, because neither are very glamorous. This product is an absolute MUST.
 

4 comments:

Reena Patton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reena Patton said...

Dior Show is the BESTEST BESTEST waterproof mascara ever. And, the other day I bought the NARS Diablo gloss. Like the rapper Lil Mama says "My lip gloss be poppin...I be lovin it..." Oh, a great face cleanser is Purity by Philosophy.

G.G. said...

Thanks for the tip! I'm adding that to my Sephora list.

laura k said...

What about Michael Kors' Legshine?? Fabulous!!